Support your school's PTA by becoming a member. Joining the PTA is simple.
1. Pick up a PTA membership form from the office,
or download one by clicking here.
2. Submit the PTA membership form along with your membership dues of $10 to the school office.
Then a membership letter will be sent to you to acknowledge your membership
1. What is PTSA?
PTSA stands for Parent Teacher Student Association. PTSA is a volunteer association where parents, educators, students,
and other citizens can be active in their schools and communities.
2. What does it mean "to join PTSA"?
We ask parents for a $10.00
membership price. From this amount, $4.45 goes to the District and National PTA, so Wirtz School only keeps about $0.55. This is why
the PTSA relies mostly on fundraising to help support the school.
We use that money to:
* Support school field trips
* Support Red Ribbon Week and other gang/drug prevention programs
* Support Reading Programs (School Wide)
* Engage in fundraising to support parent involvement programs and events such as:
--> Family Reading Nights --> Book Fairs
--> Movie Nights
--> Back to School Night
--> Student Store
--> Other related school events
3. How do we know that PTSA money is really being used for our children?
Any parent is welcome to participate in any PTA event. Our
records are not confidential, and we would be glad to explain PTSA money distribution to anyone.
4. Can anyone volunteer and
help at school?
Yes. We welcome anyone who can assist us!
5. Do PTSA members get paid when working at the schools?
No. PTSA members
volunteer their time, and we welcome anyone who is willing to assist them. Our parents work very hard to fundraise for special
programs at Wirtz School.
6. Can anyone become a member?
Yes. Anyone can be a PTSA member.
7. Do we have to volunteer in
the school to be a member?
No. You are NOT REQUIRED to volunteer any time for our events and/or fundraising. We appreciate your assistance,
but you are absolutely NOT required to do so.
8. How do I become a member?
You can fill out an enrollment envelope attached to
the first day packet, pick a form up at the office, or download one here
and return it to the school office.
Principal: Kelly Williams
Address: 8535 Contreras Street, Paramount, CA 90723 Telephone:(562) 602-8068
Copyright © 2008 Harry Wirtz School. All rights reserved.