Permits to attend a school in the Paramount Unified School District are processed using SchoolMint through the Office of Student Services located at 15110 S. California Ave, Paramount, CA 90723 or call (562) 602-6035.
Incoming INTER-DISTRICT PERMITS (residents outside district boundaries)
Students who reside outside of PUSD attendance boundaries must upload an Inter-district permit from their district of residence in addition a copy of the students’ most current report card/transcripts, behavior/discipline report and attendance record using SchoolMint.
Your students permit must be accepted and approved by PUSD for admittance. Permit approval, denial and revocation is based on Space and Availability, satisfactory grades, attendance and Behavior. If a permit is accepted, students are expected to maintain satisfactory attendance, effort, academic achievement, and behavior. Priority is given to students who reside in a school’s attendance area. Students on approved Inter-District permit are guaranteed space in the District.
Procedures for Parent(s)/Guardians(s):
- Apply to be released from your home district by visiting your home district’s Permit Office.
- Create a SchoolMint account at https://pusdschools.schoolmint.net/signup for Paramount. You will use this same account for all the students you wish to enroll. Only one SchoolMint account is required for all members of a family. This account will remain active for your entire relationship with Paramount USD. Click here for quickguide
- Once you have a SchoolMint account go to pusdschools.schoolmint.net/packets/10514
- Upload the following:
- Approved permit from your school District
- a copy of the students’ most current report card/transcripts
- behavior/discipline report
- attendance record
- (if your student receives special services, we will also need the most recent IEP.
Parents/Guardians will be notified by the CWA Office via email of the district’s decision to approve or deny permit acceptance. Within 30 calendar days of request for an Inter-District Permit, the Director of Student Services or designee shall notify the parents/guardians of a student who is denied Inter-District attendance and inform them of the appeal process.
Site administrators review all Inter-District and Intra-District permits periodically.
Outgoing INTER-DISTRICT PERMITS
Prior to applying for an Inter-District Permit, prepare your documents. All applications must include documents that support your reason that was indicted on the applications. For a list of attachments click below The items that are listed will have to be uploaded and submitted with your request.
Important: Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Go to pusdschools.schoolmint.net/packets/11745
INTRA-DISTRICT PERMITS (residents within our District only)
Students who reside within PUSD attendance boundaries and desire to attend a PUSD school other than their school of residence, must apply using SchoolMint.
Go to pusdschools.schoolmint.net/packets/11744
NOTE: If NEW to our District and requesting an Intra-District permit, your student MUST BE REGISTERED IN THEIR HOMESCHOOL (please download most current report card/transcripts, behavior/discipline report and attendance record (if your student receives special services, we will also need the most up to date IEP).
¡Bienvenido al districto de Paramount Unified Schools! Todos los sitios web de nuestras escuelas tienen una función de traducción instantánea. El botón "traducir " se encuentra a la derecha de la página web. Si necesita ayuda, comuníquese con nosotros al 562.602.6035