- Develop teachers who are prepared to meet the learning needs of their students
- Provide professional development and individualized support to teachers to assist them in improving student achievement
- Train support providers in effective mentoring skills in order to individualize the induction experience
- Model and encourage on-going self-assessment and reflection
- Foster collaboration among teachers and support providers
The Teacher Induction Program strives to support the induction and retention of educators as responsible members of the teaching profession. By engaging in a two-year, individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring, support and professional learning that begins in the first year of teaching, teachers will develop a habit of lifelong learning and self-reflection to be growth agents in the diverse classrooms of the 21st century.